– Lucas Oil helps vehicle owners have the best summer road trip experience through their premium product lineup of performance-enhancing fuel treatments, additives and appearance products
– More than 80% of Americans intend to take a road trip this summer – Lucas Oil shares tips on fuel treatments and additives that will help all vehicles, boats and powersports toys run more efficiently, use less fuel, and reduce emissions
INDIANAPOLIS (May 27, 2022) – Today is National Road Trip Day, the unofficial beginning of summer and kickoff to the iconic American vacation tradition – cross country adventures to national parks, roadside diners, scenic routes, and unforgettable destinations from coast to coast. Despite today’s fuel prices and inflation concerns, more than 80% of Americans are planning a road trip this summer, according to a recent survey by The Vacationer. This year, Lucas Oil wants to make sure the millions of drivers expected to hit the road plan accordingly and take steps to maximize the performance and reliability of vehicles, RVs, boats and powersports.
Tips and Tricks to Consider Before You Depart
- Basic Maintenance – With all vehicles, drivers should ensure that all scheduled maintenance including oil changes and tune-ups are met, and that a qualified person conducts a multi-point inspection before setting off on a long drive. Examining things like belts and hoses, cleaning or replacing the air filter, and checking battery connections can prevent breakdowns that can ruin a summer road trip.
- Tires – Tires are more important than most people think. Tires on cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs, motorcycles, power sports vehicles, trailers, and even bicycles are all prone to failure and a simple inspection can help prevent flats and blowouts. Motorists need to verify proper tire pressure, look for irregular or excessive wear, dry rot, and overall damage from foreign objects. However, even with proper inspections, things can happen on the road so all vehicles should have a can or two of Lucas Tire Inflator, an easy-to-use non-flammable tire inflator and sealer. Designed for all passenger vehicles, it quickly seals punctures and can re-inflate a damaged tire with no tools required.
- Oil and Fuel Treatments – Engine lubrication and fuel systems go through a lot on a road trip so a little prevention can go a long way toward increasing fuel economy and making that engine last a long time.
- Lucas Complete Engine Treatment: This is a unique formulation that can be used in the engine or fuel system because of its ability to clean and lubricate multiple systems in a vehicle. When added to fuel, it cleans and lubricates all components including the fuel tank, Injectors and even cylinders. It removes deposits, protects against corrosion, and helps to burn fuel more completely. Added to engine oil during an oil change or between oil changes, it helps extend oil life while reducing friction and wear. As a low viscosity fluid, it works its way into all the nooks and crannies of any engine, improving overall oil penetration and lubrication.
- Lucas Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner: Like the Complete Engine Treatment, the Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner thoroughly cleans the entire fuel system from top to bottom including the combustion chamber, injectors, valves and piston tops. Deep clean also contains special additives which help improve fuel economy, reduce emissions, increase power and acceleration, and effectively give the fuel system longer life and performance. Deep Clean works on all gas engines which makes it perfect for motorcycles, RVs, powersports vehicles and more.
- Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant Fuel Treatment: Designed with a powerful blend of oils and additives, Upper Cylinder Lubricant provides extra lubrication and treatment benefits to the fuel system for improved performance and engine longevity. Considered a mini-tune-up in a bottle, it’s a robust fuel treatment that can be used with every fill-up and is perfect for long trips and works in gas or diesel fuel.
Keep all vehicles looking as great as they run with Lucas Appearance Products
- Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax – Get professional results with Slick Mist Speed Wax which works quickly to deliver a showroom shine with excellent UV protection that anyone can use. In addition to painted surfaces, it also works great on glass, chrome and vinyl surfaces. Just spray on any dry or wet surface and wipe off. Overspray will not harm rubber or plastic trim, plus it helps keep mud, bugs, tar and other road debris from sticking to a vehicle.
- Lucas Slick Mist Interior Detailer is a spray treatment exclusively formulated by Lucas Oil Products designed to clean and protect like nothing you’ve ever used.
- Lucas Slick Mist Marine Speed Wax. But what about the boat? Want to keep the boat or jet ski clean but not waste time cleaning on vacation? Give Slick Mist a quick spray on paint, glass, chrome or vinyl surfaces – wet or dry – for the easiest polish job ever. Slick Mist provides UV protection, can be used in direct sunlight, removes hard water deposits, helps keep bugs and other gunk from sticking to your boat, and is ideal for use in saltwater or freshwater.
“As Americans hit the open road, it is our priority to help families get the most out of their vehicles on highways, lakes, off-road parks, or wherever summer travels take them,” said Morgan Lucas, President of Lucas Oil. “You don’t have to be a mechanic or gearhead to use Lucas products. We design hard-working, reliable products that are proven to perform and very easy to apply. Our pour-in fuel treatments are like a multivitamin: a dose in the fuel tank regularly provides a variety of benefits like improved fuel efficiency, less wear and tear, more power – which all add up to a healthier vehicle, one ready for a truly epic road trip.”
Drivers can find Lucas products at thousands of retailers and truck stops nationwide, conveniently accessed from most major U.S. interstates and highways. Products are also available to purchase online. To find the closest retailer to you or your road trip destination, please visit the company’s Where to Buy retail location finder.
For more information or to schedule an executive interview, please contact [email protected].