Last Modified: July 11, 2023
Our “Services” is defined as any interaction or communication with us, e.g., when you:
- Subscribe to or interact with our newsletters or any electronic communications from us that allows you to receive updates on our services, our products, or otherwise.
- Take part in a transaction with us, e.g., make an online purchase of our products, or interact with any of our content.
- Interact or communicate with any of the Lucas Companies or attend Lucas Companies events.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, PLEASE SEE THE CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE LOCATED HERE FOR ADDITIONAL TERMS THAT MAY BE APPLICABLE TO YOU.
2. Changes to This Policy
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or our Services. We will update this Policy from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory, or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such material changes (including when they will take effect) by conspicuously posting notice on our Website or otherwise communicating the changes to you in accordance with applicable law. Your continued use of the Website or Services after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Policy, you must not use our Website or Services. To see when this Policy was last updated, please see the “Last Modified” section above.
3. Collection of Information
As described further below, we may collect certain information reasonably relating to an identified or identifiable person in connection with their use of our Services (“Personal Information” or “PI”). The PI we collect about you will depend on the specific Services that you are accessing.
We may collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us: We collect PI you provide directly to us, which may include your name, email address, address or postal code, job title, company name, contact information, and personal or business telephone number. We collect this information in several ways, including when you interact with our customer service department, participate in surveys or marketing promotions, enter any contest, giveaway, promotion, or sweepstakes sponsored by us, or when you choose to provide ratings, taste preferences, account settings, or otherwise provide information to us through our Services.
- Information we collect automatically: We may also collect information about you automatically when you access our Website. This information includes:
- your activity on our Website, such as search queries, traffic data and other communication data.
- your interactions with our emails, texts, and other messages delivered through push notifications.
- details of your interactions with our customer service department, such as the date, time, and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings.
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers. See the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below for more information
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (Wi-Fi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), operating system, and browser and standard web server log information.
- The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include PI. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized services, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences to customize our Website according to your individual interests, and to speed up your searches. While we do not collect PI automatically, we may tie automatically collected information to PI about you that we collect from other sources or that you have previously provided to us.
- Information from Partners and third-party sources: We may collect information from our business partners with whom we occasionally engage in joint marketing initiatives at our sponsored events (“Partners”). We may also obtain information about you from other third-party public sources, including publicly available posts on social media platforms and information available through public databases associating IP addresses with internet service providers (ISPs). We may combine that data with PI or other data we collect from you. This enhances our existing data about our customers, users of our Services, improves our ability to contact you and enhances our marketing capabilities.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use PI to provide, analyze, administer, enhance, and personalize our Website, Services, and marketing efforts, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. Further details are set out below. In some cases, we may ask for your consent so that we may process your PI. However, in certain circumstances, applicable data protection laws allow us to process your PI without the need to obtain consent from you.
We use Personal Information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To comply with applicable laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
- To prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties.
- To analyze and understand our audience, improve our Services and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery.
- To communicate with you concerning our Services so that we can send you news about us, details about new features and content available, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, changes to our Website, and to assist you with operational requests.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or to which you otherwise consent to, including to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
5. How We Disclose Your Information
We disclose your PI for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- The Lucas Companies. We disclose your information among our various parents, affiliates and subsidiaries as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our Services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; content development; and for other purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above. Where we disclose PI with the Lucas Companies, we will require them to honor this Policy.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We use other companies, agents, or contractors to perform Services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of our Services to you. For example, we engage service providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure, and IT services, to customize, personalize and optimize our Services, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about your interactions with our Services), and to process and administer consumer surveys. . We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose your PI except in connection with providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services).
- Promotional offers. Through our social media pages, we may offer joint promotions or programs that, for your participation, will require us to disclose your information with third parties. Additional terms and conditions apply to promotional offers which will be provided to you prior to your participation. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business transfers. In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including PI, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your PI in a manner that is consistent with our Policy.
6. Your Choices / Withdrawing Consent
- Email and Text Messages. If you do not want to receive certain promotional communications from us via email simply click the “unsubscribe” link in the email. We may send text messages you have consented to receive. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting “STOP” (or as otherwise instructed). After you send “STOP”, we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that short code or number, as applicable, please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain Services or transactional messages from us, such as messages relating to legal notices.
- Push Notifications. You can choose to receive mobile push notifications from us. On some device operating systems, you will be automatically enrolled in the notifications. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off. We also offer push notifications on certain web browsers. If you agree to receive those notifications and subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your browser’s settings to turn them off.
Please note that if you choose not to provide certain PI, we may be unable to provide you some or all of the Services or content on our Website.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard your PI against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your PI. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide one hundred percent (100%) security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your PI.
8. Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
Anything you post on social media is public information and will not be treated confidentially. We may post (or re-post) on the Website and our social media pages any comments or content that you post on our social media pages. Your use of social media is governed by the privacy policies and terms of the third parties that own and operate those websites and not by this Policy. We encourage you to review those policies and terms before using any social media features provided through our Website or any third-party website.
Our Website and Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize our Website and Services, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
If you become aware that an individual under 18 years of age has provided us with PI without parental consent, please contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that an individual under 18 years has provided us with PI without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the information as permitted by law.
No one under the age of 13 may provide any PI to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website or through any of its features, or register on our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received PI from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
10. Data Transfers
If you are using the Services from outside of the United States, your PI may be transferred to, stored, and/or processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. If you are located outside of the United States, the transfer of PI is necessary to provide you with the requested information, Platform, Services, and/or to perform any requested transaction.
11. Data Retention
We will generally retain your PI for as long as you maintain an account, for as long as is necessary to provide and improve the Services, or for a longer period as may be required or permitted by applicable law. We will also retain your PI as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
12. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Essential cookies are strictly necessary for providing our Websites or our online Services, authenticating users, and maintaining security. For example, we may use these cookies to authenticate and identify you when you use our Websites and applications so we can provide our Services to you. They also help us to prevent fraud and maintain the security of our Websites.
- Performance and functionality cookies help us to customize and enhance your online experience with us, remember your preferences, and collect information about visitor usage. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided. We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of our Websites and Services so that we can enhance and personalize our Websites and Service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our Websites and Services.
- Advertising cookies and resettable device identifiers. These cookies and resettable device identifiers use information about your use of our Websites and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “interest-based advertising.” The advertising cookies associated with our Services belong to our Service Providers. In connection with our use of these technologies, some of our Websites where we advertise, as well as advertising technology companies that we use to purchase, deliver, optimize, and/or measure our advertisements (collectively “Advertising Partners”), may receive limited information from us as part of our campaign targeting, measurement, and optimization (e.g., steps completed in sign-up and site visit or app open/install information).
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable this function by changing your browser settings, but disabling cookies may impact your use and enjoyment of the Website. Not all features or functions of the Website may work properly if you disable Cookies. You cannot disable all Cookies, such as Cookies that are essential to the functioning of the Website.
CALIFORNIA’S “DO-NOT-TRACK” REQUIREMENT.
You may enable “Do Not Track” signals, and our website will responsively respect your preferences, refraining from collecting or tracking your online activities.
13. Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us with your name and contact information via:
Full Name of Legal Entity: Lucas Oil Products, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Team
Email Address: [email protected]
Postal Address: 1310 E. 96th St., Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46240