Springfield, Missouri (December 16, 2021) – Kansas City Chiefs lineman Willie Roaf, St. Louis Cardinals slugger Matt Holliday, Lucas Oil founder Forrest Lucas and Miracle on Ice’s Ken Morrow will headline the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame’s upcoming Enshrinement presented Killian Construction.
CEO & Executive Director Jerald Andrews on Wednesday unveiled the Class of 2022, which will be honored on Sunday, February 6 at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds. A reception presented by Reliable Toyota will begin at 4 p.m. that day, with the evening program to follow at 5 p.m. Associate sponsors are Advertising Plus, Bryan Properties, Great Southern Bank, Hiland Dairy Foods and Hillyard, Inc.
The Class of 2022 is as follows:
- Willie Roaf, Kansas City Chiefs
- Matt Holliday, St. Louis Cardinals
- Forrest Lucas, founder of Lucas Oil, the namesake for Lucas Oil Speedway & Lucas Oil Stadium
- Ken Morrow, a 1980 USA Hockey gold medalist and four-time Stanley Cup champion
- Rich Gould, a Branson native and the longest-serving TV sports director in St. Louis history
- Julie Dorn, a University of Missouri All-American gymnast
- Jay Osborne, the longtime Nixa High School boys basketball coach
- Tim Poe, coach of the University of Central Missouri men’s golf program
- Steve Hesser, former Glendale High School and Drury University basketball coach
- Jon Leamy, the recently retired coach of the Missouri State University men’s soccer program
- Mike Swanson, Kansas City Royals Communications Executive
- Don Peterson, a 55-year scuba diving coach based in Springfield
- Randy Magers, a Missouri State University baseball & basketball standout
- Larry Whiteley, Conservationist & Outdoor Journalist
- 1984-1991 West Plains High School Volleyball Era
- Rick Byers, former football coach of St. Pius X High School
- 1998-2002 St. Pius X High School Football Era
- Grain Valley High School Cheerleading Program
- Helias Catholic High School Boys Golf Program
- Bryan Properties – John Q. Hammons Founder’s Award
- Bonnie Keller – Ace Award
- Craig Curry – President’s Award
An individual ticket is $150. A sponsorship table of 10 is $1,500. Numerous other sponsorships are available, including associate sponsorships, congratulatory ads, a 20-month calendar and baseball card trading set. Any support is truly appreciated, considering the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame is a non-profit and, through most of its 27-history, has not sought state or federal funding. Call 417-889-3100.
REAM MORE HERE on the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame website.